According to beauty experts, applying dark eye makeup is considered a great way to add mystery to your overall image. There are some people who can’t resist a person with smokey eyes, and there are some who love wearing this type of eye makeup. Some people say that it is very hard to achieve, but according to makeup professionals you can easily do it with the proper dark eye makeup techniques, right eye shadow makeup and makeup tools. So here are the steps on how to properly apply dark eye makeup.
Steps on how to properly apply dark eye makeup
1. The first step you will need to do is to consider your eye color when choosing what shade of dark eye makeup to apply. Girls who have dark brown eyes can go as dark as they want. But, if you have lighter brown, blue or green eyes, then you will need to choose a lighter shade of eye shadow makeup due to the contrast it causes on your face. According to professional makeup artists, it is not advisable to use dark colors of eye shadow makeup on your brow bone unless you are about to do a modeling shoot. But, if this is the look you want to achieve, then you can apply the dark colors of eye shadow makeup as high above your eyes as the brow bone.
2. The second step is to choose your makeup depending on your skin tone. Always keep in mind that if you have darker skin, you should use darker makeup because darker makeup complements your skin tone. But if you are a lighter skinned person, applying very dark eye makeup can give your eyes a sunken look, almost Halloween-like.
3. The third step you will need to do is to think about your age and what look you want to project when thinking about dark eye makeup. While this style of eye makeup can make you feel 16 again, if you have to work in a business suit, it might class with your office style. You also have to keep in mind that you have to choose dark colors of eye shadow makeup that complement the color of your eyes. Girls who have blue eyes can try using dark eye shadow shades of blue, while girls with hazel eyes can go with dark hazel eye shadow colors.
4. The fourth thing you will need to do is to begin applying the color of eye shadow makeup that have chosen to your eyelids. It is very important to apply the eye shadow makeup evenly over your eyes. You can blend different colors of eye shadow makeup if you like, to create nice effects of darker makeup. You will need to blend the eye shadow makeup starting with the lightest of your dark colors, then adding a layer of the next darkest color and finishing your eye makeup with the darkest color. You can also create a rainbow effect with the eye shadow makeup using this method.
5. The fifth step is to apply black eye liner. This step is very important as it will give your new dark eye makeup a frame to sit within. But remember that you can also apply dark eye makeup without using an eye liner. Though it may look amateurish and accidental without a finishing element such as eye liner.
6. And lastly, curl your eyelashes using an eyelash curler and apply at least two coats of black mascara. Remember to allow at least 30 seconds of drying time between each application to help avoid clumps in your eyelashes.
Things you will need when applying dark eye makeup
- Dark eye shadow makeup
- Eye makeup brushes
- Black eye liner pencil
- Eyelash curler